Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yellowstone 2008



This weekend we took a family road trip to West Yellowstone. I was really worried that we would not see any wildlife because it was so late in the year, but Brandon reassured me that there would be plenty to see. Boy was he right, we actually saw more this trip than I have ever seen! It was amazing, and the best part was the weather. The leaves were all changing throughout the park and it was snowing, it was just absolutely beautiful. We spend all day Friday going through the park. Later that evening we went to our hotel and went swimming in an indoor heated pool. The kids loved that, they're always up for a good swim. Afterward we ate at the Three Bears Lodge, wouldn't recommend it! Then went back to the hotel and watched Monsters Inc. with the kids. It snowed the hole time we were there, so it was fun to see Kudter and Kache infatuated with the snowfall. They did enjoy seeing all the wildlife too. We were all able to see a moose, tons of buffalo, bull and cow elk, bald eagles, cyotes, and two grizzly bears! Yeah!! Ubove, is Brandon with Kache and Kudter infront of a heard of cow elk and their babies, we were able to get pretty close to them.

2 comments:

A said...

Hey it's Angela Sudweeks. I found your blog from Stacy Aplington's and it was fun to see what you have been up to since it has been several YEARS since I've even seen you. Your family is adorable and I just wanted to let you know that and also to say Hi. Take care.

Ty and Em said...

Misty! I don't remember whose blog I found yours through! But, I had SO much fun chatting with you this week at extravaganza! You always make me laugh and I love it! Your family is so cute!